In the classic depate of nature versus nurture, a fairly recently discovered gene is added to evidence in the debate. The MAOA gene, or the "Warrior Gene" is a gene linked to anger management issues and violent behavior when mutated. When the MAOA gene is shortened, it inhibits the body from clearing excess seratonin in the neural synapses of the brain. This excess seratonin causes a good mood to turn bad. This gene mutation has been corelated to anger management issues and violent behavior patterns. A team of scientists took genetic samples from a wide range of participants; ranging from buddhist monks to violent gang members. The genetic samples were tested for the Warrior Gene which is though to be natures cause for human violence. The results of the genetic tests showed that the three sampled buddhist monks had the gene, while other more violent participants did not. This result argues for nurture's cause of human violence.The results varied amoung groups tested, leading to the belief that both nature and nurture play a role in the personality of a human being.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 1 year 9 months ago
- Plural 1 year 9 months ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 1 year 9 months ago
- spelling 1 year 9 months ago
- Replicate similar to original 1 year 9 months ago
- "Males" 1 year 9 months ago
- commas and misspelling 1 year 9 months ago
- wording 1 year 9 months ago
- unclear antecedent 1 year 9 months ago
- really good 1 year 9 months ago