For plants, animals and humans to live healthy lives, the soils must also be healthy. The determining factor for soil health is often soil organic matter. To better manage the soil and maintain a healthy ecosystem this data is used to develop agricultural practices. For this to work, input of soil organic matter needs to exceed output of soil organic matter. This data helps us identify which regions are more at risk to loss of soil organic matter and why. Water availability is also taken into consideration and both of these systems are looked at locally and globally. This map has units of measurements to rate these systems. Both global and continental scale factors (temperature, precipitation) are taken into account as well. This system does not take irrigation into account.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 4 years 2 months ago
- Plural 4 years 2 months ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 4 years 2 months ago
- spelling 4 years 2 months ago
- Replicate similar to original 4 years 2 months ago
- "Males" 4 years 2 months ago
- commas and misspelling 4 years 2 months ago
- wording 4 years 2 months ago
- unclear antecedent 4 years 2 months ago
- really good 4 years 2 months ago