Sleep is an important aspect of every animal’s life, and while scientists are not exactly sure why animals need to sleep so often, the benefits are known. A good night’s sleep is important to staying healthy in both body and mind. Sleep gives the body a chance to slow down normal daily processes and focus on any repair that might be needed. Sleep is also a chance for the brain to organize information that has been taken in throughout the day. During sleep the brain sorts information and gets rid of information that it doesn’t need so as to not fill the brain’s storage with useless information it will never use or need. The negative effects of not getting enough sleep are very apparent, and have been studied numerous times over the years. A person that goes without sleep for an extended period of time will experience delirium, hallucinations, and other detrimental health effects. Long periods of time without rest can lead to a weakened immune system making the individual more susceptible to sickness. The reason why animals sleep so much may not be fully known, but it is certainly known how it affects organisms.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 4 years 2 months ago
- Plural 4 years 2 months ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 4 years 2 months ago
- spelling 4 years 2 months ago
- Replicate similar to original 4 years 2 months ago
- "Males" 4 years 2 months ago
- commas and misspelling 4 years 2 months ago
- wording 4 years 2 months ago
- unclear antecedent 4 years 2 months ago
- really good 4 years 2 months ago