Hunger and body weight are negative feedback loops regulated by the brain. The cycles are controlled by leptin and grellin hormones. Leptin POMC neurons signal for satiety by producing alphaMSH. AGRP neurons signals for hunger. The leptin hormone is produced by fat stores and excites the POMC neurons, signals for satiety. Leptin activates AGRP neurons, signaling for hunger. This corresponds with the hunger-sateity curve. When energy is high, fat stores release leptin to signal sateity. When energy is low, the gut releases ghrelin to signal hunger. This allows the brain to regulate when we eat based on energy and food stores.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 11 months 2 weeks ago
- Plural 11 months 2 weeks ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 11 months 2 weeks ago
- spelling 11 months 2 weeks ago
- Replicate similar to original 11 months 2 weeks ago
- "Males" 11 months 2 weeks ago
- commas and misspelling 11 months 2 weeks ago
- wording 11 months 2 weeks ago
- unclear antecedent 11 months 2 weeks ago
- really good 11 months 2 weeks ago