Regardless of complications, the experiment yielded great findings that confirmed hypotheses and predictions from previous research. Taking all the information into account from this study, further experimentation should be administered. Continued research on other nocturnal organisms would allow more insight into the effects of light pollution, which continues to invade the lives of night creatures. A possible avenue could be raising house crickets from eggs and manipulating their circadian rhythms to test if the effect of artificial light on mating behavior changes after tampering with their biological clock. This experiment may be better suited for nocturnal organisms, but it could also be conducted with diurnal animals as a measure to gather more and variant data. Better understanding the negatives of artificial light through an experiment such as this one can help society understand the effects on a widespread scale. This experiment used a 5 watt lamp, but the results could also connect with bright city lights, technology usage, or even different parts of the world (airplane travel or jet lag). Studying just one field of animal behavior can answer many questions about the evolutionary mechanisms organisms have developed, and allows the opportunity for scientists to discover a plethora of new and rich possibilities in behavioral research.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 3 years 12 months ago
- Plural 3 years 12 months ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 3 years 12 months ago
- spelling 3 years 12 months ago
- Replicate similar to original 3 years 12 months ago
- "Males" 3 years 12 months ago
- commas and misspelling 3 years 12 months ago
- wording 3 years 12 months ago
- unclear antecedent 3 years 12 months ago
- really good 3 years 12 months ago