In this experiment, the objective was to build upon pre-existing research, and determine the effects artificial light has on mating behavior during the active period in Acheta domesticus similar to the results found with Teleogryllus commodus (Botha, et al., 2017). It was hypothesized that bright light disrupts mating behaviors in Acheta d. The hypothesis was supported by evidence from Teleogryllus commodus, and by data from this experiment: concluding that sexual productivity slowed in crickets based on major findings. Specifically, when exposed to a lit environment, all behaviors were displayed less by Acheta d. compared to the dark environment. Afterwards, the data was tested for validity via statistical analysis of the Mann Whitney U-test. The results were statistically significant and the null hypothesis was rejected: confirming that light is a factor decreasing the frequency of mating behavior in crickets.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 3 years 12 months ago
- Plural 3 years 12 months ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 3 years 12 months ago
- spelling 3 years 12 months ago
- Replicate similar to original 3 years 12 months ago
- "Males" 3 years 12 months ago
- commas and misspelling 3 years 12 months ago
- wording 3 years 12 months ago
- unclear antecedent 3 years 12 months ago
- really good 3 years 12 months ago