A commonality among the most living things is their circadian rhythm. The circadian rhythm is one of the most important mechanisms and it works by regulating hormones and different cellular activities based off external cues such as light. Our body has a drop in melatonin and our blood pressure is higher when we wake up and it is light out. As the day goes by, our level of alertness increases along with our coordination. Between afternoon and evening, we have the greatest muscle strength and cardiovascular efficiency. As it gets darker, our melatonin levels start to rise preparing us for sleep. These changes occur due to the biological clock set by our zeitgeibers, i.e., time keeper. These zeitgeibers are located in the suprachiasmatic nucleus of the brain. Studies have shown that lesions in the SCN can cause disorders relevant to circadian rhythm.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 1 year 11 months ago
- Plural 1 year 11 months ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 1 year 11 months ago
- spelling 1 year 11 months ago
- Replicate similar to original 1 year 11 months ago
- "Males" 1 year 11 months ago
- commas and misspelling 1 year 11 months ago
- wording 1 year 11 months ago
- unclear antecedent 1 year 11 months ago
- really good 1 year 11 months ago