Th cell cycle is the series of events that occurs within the cell that let it grow and divide. G1 is the first phase, where the cell is growing and building up nutrients to prepare for DNA replication. This occurs next, in the S phase. After DNA replication is G2 phase, which is another growth hase. The cell is growing to help it be big and full of enough nutrients for when it divides. Cell division occurs during M phase after G2, and this includes, prophase, metaphase, anaphase, and telophase. After cytokinesis occurs, the cell cycle is finished. Throughout the cell cycle, there are certain checkpoints to make sure everything is a-ok before proceeding. These checkpoints include checking for DNA damage, incomplete DNA replication, and inproper spindle attachment.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 2 years 11 months ago
- Plural 2 years 11 months ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 2 years 11 months ago
- spelling 2 years 11 months ago
- Replicate similar to original 2 years 11 months ago
- "Males" 2 years 11 months ago
- commas and misspelling 2 years 11 months ago
- wording 2 years 11 months ago
- unclear antecedent 2 years 11 months ago
- really good 2 years 11 months ago