Today is Halloween, which means dining halls at the University of Massachusetts - Amherst will be preparing for their annual fresh lobster special. Fresh lobsters must be prepared in a particular way. Seafood should always be prepared with extra care because shellfish is a common allergen to the public. One topic that is talked about around lobsters is their innate ability to be immortal. Biological immortality in lobsters is expressed through the telomerase gene. When DNA is replicated, we lose DNA at the ends of our chromosomes (telomeres). Studies have linked the shortage of telomeres with aging. Telomerase is an enzyme that reduces the loss of telomeres.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 3 years 9 months ago
- Plural 3 years 9 months ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 3 years 9 months ago
- spelling 3 years 9 months ago
- Replicate similar to original 3 years 9 months ago
- "Males" 3 years 9 months ago
- commas and misspelling 3 years 9 months ago
- wording 3 years 9 months ago
- unclear antecedent 3 years 9 months ago
- really good 3 years 9 months ago