In terms of data collection, they obtained basal levels of serum cortisol (adrenocortical), dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA – an earlier form for androgenic and estrogenic steroid formation in tissues), androstenedione, estradiol (estrogen), sex hormone binding globulin, after an overnight fast at 8 in the morning. They did radioimmunoassay using radioactive labels to find the hormones. The main findings were that there was an increased morning cortisol level, higher DHEA and androstenedione in AD patients. Women with AD had a high level of androstenedione and DHEA after BMI and age was considered. There was a strong correlation between androstenedione and DHEA, and cortisol levels, unlike the control group. The most interesting fact is that the levels are this high in the early phase of AD, but it drops in the advanced stage.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 3 years 9 months ago
- Plural 3 years 9 months ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 3 years 9 months ago
- spelling 3 years 9 months ago
- Replicate similar to original 3 years 9 months ago
- "Males" 3 years 9 months ago
- commas and misspelling 3 years 9 months ago
- wording 3 years 9 months ago
- unclear antecedent 3 years 9 months ago
- really good 3 years 9 months ago