Abstract. The stability of slopes is correlated with the vegetation on that slope regarding stability (Fan, Lai 2104). The root system of plants plays a pivotal role in the stability of a slope, and it is questionable if the slope itself also determines what vegetation is present and at what age that vegetation will reach; given that it is living on a slope. If significant differences between individual sizes of vegetation can be found on different slopes, than this could be due to differences in habitat. It was predicted that there would be smaller trees on steeper slopes and larger trees on the flat site. To determine if there are different sized trees in different habitats, measurements of the diameter at breast height () of trees on a north facing slope, south facing slope and a flat site were taken. When looking at all species in each replicate, the north and south slopes did not differ from the flat as much as what was predicted. There was no statistical difference in the size of trees on the north and south slopes as compared to the flat site.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Narrative 3 years 9 months ago
- Plural 3 years 9 months ago
- avoiding the use of because to start a sentence 3 years 9 months ago
- spelling 3 years 9 months ago
- Replicate similar to original 3 years 9 months ago
- "Males" 3 years 9 months ago
- commas and misspelling 3 years 9 months ago
- wording 3 years 9 months ago
- unclear antecedent 3 years 9 months ago
- really good 3 years 9 months ago