The hypnic jerk, which around 70% of people experience throughout their lifetime, occurs when an involuntary twitch occurs in our body causing us to to awake; it almost feels like you’re being startled. When this occurs our heart beat races, our breaths get quicker, we sweat, and sometimes even feel shock. This can occur right as you fall asleep, or when you sense a falling sensation in a dream. Though the cause is still unknown, scientists assume that it is due to anxiety, caffeine, stress, and/or strenuous activity.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Try to be much more precise 6 hours 1 min ago
- great paragraph! i would 6 hours 2 min ago
- Comment 12 hours 6 min ago
- Comment 12 hours 9 min ago
- Comment 12 hours 11 min ago
- Ethics Comment 1 day 1 hour ago
- PP comment 1 day 1 hour ago
- Perfect Paragraph: Zebra fish Lab 1 day 1 hour ago
- Good paragraph on action 1 day 3 hours ago
- This is informative and 1 day 3 hours ago