The overall purpose of this Methods project is to prepare a thorough and descriptive manuscript with illustrates the process of research and documentation of a common subject, such as a patch of moss. This project demonstrates the importance of descriptive writing in order for scientific readers and researchers to replicate and perform identical experiments. In order to demonstrate this, a moss plant was required to be located, described and documented. Using visual documentation, such as close-up photos and geographical map images, a multi-panel scientific figure was formed as well. The project then tasked another colleague to replicate the location, description and documentation of the plant, allowing them to create their own multi-panel scientific figure that would allow them to form a similar multi-panel figure. The results indicated that with all replicate experiments there are errors and subtle differences that can affect or change the overall outcome of the initial experiment.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Try to be much more precise 6 hours 1 min ago
- great paragraph! i would 6 hours 2 min ago
- Comment 12 hours 6 min ago
- Comment 12 hours 9 min ago
- Comment 12 hours 11 min ago
- Ethics Comment 1 day 1 hour ago
- PP comment 1 day 1 hour ago
- Perfect Paragraph: Zebra fish Lab 1 day 1 hour ago
- Good paragraph on action 1 day 3 hours ago
- This is informative and 1 day 3 hours ago