The Methods project was one of the first project we started on and I have to admit I was not entirely sure what to expect or what was expected of me. I’ve written methods sections before, but it was usually just the actual procedure in my own words. Writing methods for the moss project provided its challenges because I was not sure what the most important things to write about where and what details did I need to include.
I wrote about the research I did before actually going out to look for moss, but that was irrelevant and I failed to mention details about the orientation and scaling of the figures which proved to be critical in the differences between the original and replicated figure. When it came time to do the project and actually write the methods, I succeed in some aspect and did not succeed in others. While I believed I had a grasp understanding of the difference between inferences and differences, my writing showed the latter and my actual methods provided irrelevant detail. I did write a results section with a lot of differences and the organization was good, but the organization for the discussion section was not.