The methods project was done to understand how manuscript guidelines work and how to adhere to them. For this project, we created a methods section on where moss with gametophyte and sporophyte were found. Then each person had to follow another persons’ methods and try to do the project by following their methods. The person following your methods needed to follow it step by step in order to find the correct moss you described in your methods. We each created a multi-panel figure which showed a picture of the moss we found, and showing the gametophyte and sporophyte, and where it was found. Due to weather conditions, it was rather difficult to find moss with all the necessary parts. The sporophyte of the moss, is diploid is where the spores are produced. The gametophyte is haploid, and is usually where the zygote is created.
For me, I choose to go to look at the greenhouse on the UMass campus, making it easier to find a moss with all its necessary parts without having the harsh weather being an effect on the plant. Due to it being winter, that was factor that needs to be taken in account. After taking pictures of my moss, I put together my multi-panel figure which included a label of the gametophyte and the sporophytes, the relationship with the entire plant and where I found it.