This week, we will give you a chance to very briefly present your Methods paper. This is an opportunity to get feedback on the differences observed and factors identified. We will also spend a few minutes looking at manuscript submission guidelines for scientific journals and establishing a set of formatting guidelines for manuscript submission for this class.
I'm assumed you have already completed your own figure, have submitted your methods to me, and have been matched up with a partner (as was required before the last class meeting). Before class, please:
- Follow your partner's Methods.
- Post their figure at the course website.
- Once your figure has been duplicated, you should
- Post your original figure.
- Identify differences between your original figure and the duplicate created by your partner (to be summarized in the RESULTS of your final paper).
- Identify the factors that caused the differences observed (to be summarized in the DISCUSSION).
- Complete a rough draft of your complete Methods paper. (Please continue to use the same Google Doc that already contains your Methods).
- Find the manuscript submission guidelines for a scientific journal (here's a list of life science journals at the UMass library). Write a brief blog post that includes the title of the journal, a link to the guidelines, and a very brief summary of the requirements.