A grub was placed into a plastic dish, but did not appear to move around much. Despite this, making some seemingly simple observations yields great insight into its possible evolutionary history and identity. Perhaps the most noticeable observation is that are no visible eyes although it does appear to use the antannae on its head to sense its surroundings. In addition, it looks to have trouble walking on the plastic surface, which suggests that its feet are not equipped to maintain a grip on such a smooth area. Interestingly, this phenomenon is only present in its legs in the frontal area. Its rear legs do not appear to have an trouble maintaining a solid grasp on the surface. Upon closer inspection, the hind legs appear stockier and almost elastic looking. The front legs, in comparison are slimmer and sharper and look similar to shovels. This, combined with the fact that the front legs appear to be angled backwards, lends credence to the idea that it lives underground as the shape of the legs are well-suited to digging. Likewise, its apparent lack of developed eyes further supports this hypothesis as it would have little to no use for them underground.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Sounds like a cool experiment 3 days 2 hours ago
- I like the amount of 3 days 2 hours ago
- Comment 3 days 3 hours ago
- Good paragaph, your reasearch 3 days 3 hours ago
- You have good content in your 3 days 4 hours ago
- Sounds like a very 3 days 4 hours ago
- Pretty good paragraph! I 3 days 9 hours ago
- There was a nice way this 3 days 9 hours ago
- It seemed a bit like a stream 3 days 9 hours ago
- Comments 3 days 10 hours ago