The organism appears to be a worm of a white-tan color with a segmented body. It has a brown head and a curled tail. It also appears to be the larval state of some sort of flying insect such as a moth or butterfly. For movement, the worm has 3 pairs of legs under the upper torso area right below its head. These 6 legs move constantly and allow the worm's upper body segments to move around. In the middle to lower torso, the worm has 4 pairs of legs that don't move as constantly. When the worm climbed on the ruler, it became apparent that the the middle 4 pairs of legs provide a type of suctioning support that allows the worm to stick to the surface of a leaf despite gravity. The worm usually stays in a somewhat curled state, most likely as a strategy to become less visible to potential predators. However, it its fully extended state, the worm was approximately 2 cm in length. The worm has tiny hairs all along the length of its body. These hairs allow for sensory detection of the environment and allows the worm to react to stimuli that it cannot see. The worm reacts quickly to touch and becomes visibly agitated and moves away from stimuli. The worm does not have any features that look like eyes but I assume that even if it has eyes on the front of its head, the worm relies on the hairlike structures for the majority of it's enviromental awareness.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Comment 2 hours 23 min ago
- Comment 2 hours 29 min ago
- Comment 2 hours 30 min ago
- This is a well written and 3 hours 4 min ago
- I agree! This course was 3 hours 8 min ago
- This paragraph is very 3 hours 28 min ago
- I would suggest choosing one 3 hours 32 min ago
- "The METHODS project was an 3 hours 36 min ago
- In the sentence "I thought 3 hours 38 min ago
- comments 9 hours 34 min ago