A translucent plastic cup contained what appears to be an arthropod, or some type of maggot in its larval stage. Upon first observations, it is noticed to have a brown colored head and a segmented body with a variation of white and yellow colors. The body is of a soft nature, and the head is hard-shelled. Closer inspection shows the front of the head, its mouthparts, are black colored. There is a long lateral line that runs from the head to the tail on the dorsal side. The organism moves around the cup, as through it has a purpose, whether it is scavenging for food and energy, or searching its surroundings. It moves across the bottom of the plastic cup slowly, as if the legs are not getting enough traction or there is little friction with the bottom of the cup. While watching it move, I noticed it had hair-like structures across the length of the body. A few minutes later, I decided to turn it on its dorsal side to get a closer look underneath. I then saw pairs of legs; three pairs of front legs and 4 pairs of middle legs that do not look like the other pairs of appendages, but more like structures for suction. After flipping itself back to a normal position, the organism has stopped moving, and now resides in the middle of the plastic cup.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Sounds like a cool experiment 3 days 2 hours ago
- I like the amount of 3 days 2 hours ago
- Comment 3 days 3 hours ago
- Good paragaph, your reasearch 3 days 3 hours ago
- You have good content in your 3 days 4 hours ago
- Sounds like a very 3 days 4 hours ago
- Pretty good paragraph! I 3 days 9 hours ago
- There was a nice way this 3 days 9 hours ago
- It seemed a bit like a stream 3 days 9 hours ago
- Comments 3 days 10 hours ago