The specimen in the container appears to be a maggot or insect larvae of some kind. The sex of the insect is unclear. The organism is about 2.4 cm in length and 0.5 cm in width. The central section of the body appears slightly thicker and a lighter shade of brown in comparison to the anterior and posterior ends. What I believe is the head is also the darkest in appearance and seems to carry the highest concentration of sensory features. The entire body of the organism is sparsely covered with hairs. Its body is segmented and has six identifiable limbs closer to the anterior of the body. There are other limb-like features concentrated towards the middle of the body as well. Most of its movements seem to be generated from what I believe is the head of the body, although these wriggle-type movements are seen throughout other parts of the organism. The arrangement of its limbs may suggest a sort of bilateral symmetry within the organism. The organism seems to rely on its limbs closest to the anterior of the body to rearrange body position when flipped on its back. The organism often will raise its anterior segment with the help of its forelimbs up the wall of the container as if trying to escape. It appears to move along the walls of the container and seems to be reluctant when placed in the center, as it immediately returns to the outer edges. There’s an apparent blood vessel that can be observed along the back of the organism which constantly, but faintly changes colors.
You are here
Each week, post your own Perfect Paragraph and comment on three Perfect Paragraphs. Suggest improvements. Don't just say "Looks good."
- Sounds like a cool experiment 3 days 2 hours ago
- I like the amount of 3 days 2 hours ago
- Comment 3 days 3 hours ago
- Good paragaph, your reasearch 3 days 3 hours ago
- You have good content in your 3 days 4 hours ago
- Sounds like a very 3 days 4 hours ago
- Pretty good paragraph! I 3 days 9 hours ago
- There was a nice way this 3 days 9 hours ago
- It seemed a bit like a stream 3 days 9 hours ago
- Comments 3 days 10 hours ago